Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Walking Alone

In all of my 23 years of living, I have learned that becoming perfect without guidance is both hard and self destructive. I have learned that even the holiest of people are still sinning. No one walking this earth is perfect. I can honestly admit that I have sinned and continued to sin knowing God is not pleased with my life. He has taken my joy, my love, my worldly possession away at one time and left me all alone, just to show me that he is all that I need. I have to admit though, it was a lonely time for me. The only reason people are successful at being "SAVED" is because they have help. Accountability partners, friends who live their life according to the word of GOD. Today, June 1st, 2010 I can say that I don't have any friends, no real ones. NO ONE is consistent enough in their walk to be honest and bare my sins to them. God says that "Iron sharpens Iron" but I am around nothing but brass, and wood. It breaks my heart to think that I could ever put my trust in the people that I have known all my life knowing they will ultimately fail. God knows that I desire to be strong enough to stand alone and powerful enough to draw people into his kindgom. But I am being honest and realizing that will never happen if I continue to stay around "lukewarm", selfish, compromising, christians. They are human just like I am. Once upon a time, I was with nothin but holy rollers, and I was MISERABLE. Because their holiness was conditional, their love was temporal, and I could not trust them as far as I could pick them up and throw them. The one thing I mostly ask God for are true believers, people that will not abandon me, backbite me, or lie to me. I ask God for people that I can commune with on a daily basis, hold me accountable for my actions, and love me thru my stumbles... If there are such people out there, and I am and have been reaching out... then answer this for me... Why am I still walking alone?

2 comments:

PeculiarRoyalty said...

Because the walk of a True Christian is a lonely one. It sounds as if you are walking with all your armor on. Did you ever think that you could possibly be the one sent to deliver those sinners and lukewarm christians. Look to the Word for your strength look at stephen he was all alone, look at Proverbs 5:14 I was almost in all evil in the midst of the congregation and assembly. God never said that we are going to have it easy and be surrounding by on fire saints. I mean they are there but everyones walk is different everyone has a different calling. If you put on your full armor and look to the hills for which cometh your help you will be okay dont look to other people for your strength to stand the Word says for your rock and foundation to be Christ not people. Hang in there keep the faith!!! God Bless!

Eden's Garden said...

WOW... thanks, You just don't know, that really just saved me...I understand that God tells us that he is our rock and our shield. But he also says that iron sharpens iron, and that we should bare one another's burden as believers in Christ, so that we can keep EACH OTHER strong.. I don't have that. It would be nice to have an accountability partner, or prayer partner, someone to stand in agreement with me when I need to get a prayer thru, or when I am weak. Have you noticed in the armor of God there is no back plate? Well that's because as believers we are to stand back to back to ward off any enemies for each other... two is always better than one in any defense.. Think about it. Be blessed and thanks for your encouragement!